← Back to news
Margam Community Fund: latest grant awards
Wednesday, August 9th, 2023
Another batch of grants from the Margam Green Energy community benefit fund has been awarded. The beneficiaries are:
- Community Ventures Port Talbot CIC – £6,000 was awarded towards the Taibach Community Education Centre ‘Past to Present’ project, an ambitious proposal involving the renovation of the Community Centre, once a local school. The project has also received a large grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund, as well as a contribution from the Mynydd Brombil Wind Farm Fund.
- Port Talbot Karate & Kickboxing Club was awarded in excess of £5,000 for equipment to set up a new kickboxing class at Ysgol Cwm Brombil.
- Tata Steel Cricket Club received £6,000 towards the restoration of their pitch.
- Margam Abbey has been awarded £5,000 towards the restoration of the Mansel Wall Monument and Tomb Chest, a continuation of the restoration of the various tombs and effigies in Margam Abbey.
- The Friends of Margam Park have been awarded £2,000 towards the cost of a publicly accessible defibrillator at their HQ, the Turbine House at Margam Park.
The Community Fund is provided by Schroders Greencoat, the owners of Margam Green Energy and is administered by Neath Port Talbot Council. The fund supports projects (to a maximum of £6,000) within the Taibach & Margam ward of Neath Port Talbot Council. For more information about the Fund and how to apply, please contact Paul Hinder, Project Development and Funding Manager at NPT Council : [email protected]
← Back to news